I've been following this thread as font problems are always never far from looming up unexpectedly! Thanks Darcy for your ever helpful posts.

All this has prompted me to look into my own system and see what fonts are lurking there since numerous upgrades and when I look in my Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts folder I find I now have 3 versions of each Finale font for example:

EngrafonExt
EngraverFontExtras_PS.suit
EngraverFontExtras.suit

Is this normal? Or can I delete some of these?

Everything works fine in Finale, so I don't wish to break something that's not broken. I have noticed that hyperlink text from websites such as WIKI sometimes shows up as gooble-de-gook, but then I usually cut and paste into text edit to read it.

Jonathan

Hi Chuck,

I would recommend removing ALL MakeMusic Finale fonts (not third- party fonts, but Maestro, Engraver, etc. -- anything that is installed by the Finale installer), then reinstalling those fonts from the Finale DVD. Obviously you'll need to quit Finale before doing this, and a reboot after removing and reinstalling might not hurt either.

Cheers,

- DJA