>  From what I can see, the new lyric "features" are more like playing
> catchup with Sibelius, although I can't make a side-by-side
> comparison.  Infinite verses might better than Sibelius' limit of 5,
> for people doing hymn books.  And the automatic melisma slurs MIGHT
> come in handy, if they can be turned off.  But Sibelius can already
> switch fonts and sizes almost as easily.  And ignoring punctuation
> and quotation marks might be a really tiny improvement, but handling
> verse numbers would be an even better one.

Sibelius doesn't actually have a limit of 5 verses. Sibelius treats lyrics
(and many elements) as text styles. What Sibelius does have is a default of
5 defined lyric text styles. You can define, quite easily, extra lyric
styles. In addition to the 5 lyrics styles, there are also lyric chorus and
a lyrics above the staff style available, either of which can be adjusted to
be a sixth or seventh verse. I do a lot with hymns and find Sibelius to be a
tad better than Finale, but I'm not thrilled with the alignment of verse
numbers and lyrics at the beginning of a system in either program. Given the
way the current melisma plug-in works in Finale and Sibelius, I sometimes
find that doing it manually is more reliable.

James Gilbert
www.JamesGilbertMusic.com