Good thoughts on tuning. I love the contributors to this list. I do want to
clarify that I was joking about using the muted trumpet. I was referring to
the ubiquitous arranger's technique of cueing the oboe part for muted
trumpet. Besides, I doubt the players will arrive early enough to give the
tuning note!