I once played a professional "muddy field" gig. When we came to Pomp and
Stomp (Land of Hope and Glory) the principal horn asked me if I knew the
"one note" version.  I said no.  "Just listen a while, then join in".  The
section played the tune hocket style, one note each, and after a few bars I
was in.  If anybody noticed they didn't say anything.  Most of the audience
were either drunk or so high on the occasion they couldn't have cared less
anyway.  (The other trick in this one is to see how many times you can fit
"Does Your Mother Want a Rabbit" into the piece before you get sacked.)

Cheers,

Lawrence
--
Lawrenceyates.co.uk