I have to protest about this. I, like plenty of other computers users, am the only person allowed (or likely or willing) to go anywhere near the computer in my office/studio/composing garrett. While I can appreciate that there are office settings in which a computer will have multiple users, raising multiple user security issues, having a multiple user set up as the only default can be an awful waste of time and brain cells, neither of which your typical composer/arranger/copyist can much afford to lose, given (as Slonimsky put it) irreversibly obsolescence and recessive infantiloquy and all the other things a musician has to do to earn a living.

Daniel Wolf


On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:02:04 +0200, David Fenton wrote:

You're thinking in single-user mode, but Finale is designed for mult-
user scenarios (as it should be). The copies in the in the Mac
HD/Library are for everybody (and likely read-only?), while the
copies in ~/Username/Library are specific to each user.
This is the correct organization for modern multi-user OS's.
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to