Whether I work with a C score or a transposed one depends on the source I'm
using: If I'm given a C score to transcribe, I'll enter the music in a C score.
If I'm given a transposed score, I'll enter the music in a transposed score.

When I'm working with a transposed score, I would much prefer to hear the music
I'm entering at concert pitch. The way it works at present gets particularly
annoying if the instrument in question has a large transposing interval: if I'm
entering music for baritone sax, for instance (transposition a sixth + an
octave), the music sounds far too high and squeaky as I'm entering it. If I use
the Garritan baritone sax, some notes won't make any sound at all when I'm
entering them, being above the range of the sample sounds.

Clearly many of us want the option to hear concert pitch sounds while entering
notes in a transposed part. Is somebody from MakeMusic reading all this? Should
we all write letters expressing our wish?

Michael