Finale issue:

An annoying situation has been recurring with Finale 2007 as well as 2011 for
me for the past several months, maybe longer.  After launching the application
and working for a while, the application becomes completely nonresponsive to
any further edit, tool changes, everything.  The only thing that does occur is
clicking anywhere on the page starts playback.  Clicking a 2nd time stops
playback.  Quitting and relaunching does nothing.  Logging in and out also
accomplishes zip.  The only remedy is a complete restart, which is past
becoming annoying.

This is definitely not file-specific, and it occurred under OS X 10.5 as well
as SN 10.6.  And as I said, both versions of Finale, 2007 & 2011.  Same exact
problem.  There also does not appear to be any time pattern.  Sometimes it
happens after a few minutes of work, and other times it could be an hour or
more.

Any ideas?

I'm on a Mac Pro, OS X 10.6.4, 8GB RAM.

J D  Thomas