in mac, even having special arrowheads means the eps will not work. the only solution seems to be to remove all custom arrowheads. as i recall things didn't shift in the EPS but were simply not there. but haven't sen this in a long time, i almost never use EPS.

I have heard that the Windows version of Finale has some longstanding problems with EPS. Mac seems to be okay (except that custom arrowheads in Smart Shapes breaks the EPS). I don't know the reasons, except there must be some differences between the Mac and Windows operations.