Has anyone encountered the situation wherein trying to play back a score crashes totally out of Finale?

This is using Finale 2010 on OS X.

I have tried Data Check but to no avail.

Frustratingly, this is the very last thing I am trying to do with this piece, i.e. create a MIDI mockup - it hasn't done this before on any consistent basis. Everything else seems fine - but now it crashes every single time, even on old versions of the file.

It crashes out when going through Score Items. Probably an HP issue? Is there such a thing as HP Preferences that I could trash?

Matthew