In a message dated 3/21/2011 1:01:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
finale-requ...@shsu.edu writes:

Once in  a while, after I've finished this fine-tuning I'll save the file
and move  on to doing something else to the piece like entering the title
or credit  information. But then I'll look at one of the systems I
fine-tuned, and  it's back to the way it was *before* editing. When I
look at the undo/redo  list, I see that either before or after the
"document saved" entry (I  can't remember which, now, and I can't seem to
reproduce the problem),  there's an "Update Layout", which I didn't ask
for. I have automatic  update layout turned off, and I did not type
Ctrl-U. Saving the file seems  to trigger it, but I'm not 100% sure about
that.
I have a corollary question; what do you do when you find a measure  that
has some odd spacing going on in it, and you want to just reset it back to
"zero" as it were?  I have tried all kinds of measures (no pun intended),
but short of deleting the measure and starting again, I haven't had much
luck.  Even Speedy Entry on the measure won't reset things.

Michael Wittenburg