Ah, good to know .... thanks Raymond ... BTW. as a fellow Bass Bone player, I agree about the confusion ...

Cheers,

Dean

On Apr 17, 2011, at 9:48 PM, Raymond Horton wrote:

The solid black square means you have muted the layer. The gray square by the instrument name shows that one or more layers is muted - not that the
whole instrument is muted.

As a side note, I will mention that this use of "mute" for "silence" can be confusing, at times, for brass players. I realize that the meaning of the word came before its use with brass, but the latter came long before the
word's use with these electronic applications.

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com