Sent from my iSomething

On May 23, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Kim Patrick Clow <telem...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Eric Dannewitz <ericd...@jazz-sax.com>
wrote:

So your point about Apple's limited warranty and offering extended
coverage isn't any better than PC has no bearing on anything? Ok,
great. Moving on.

What? I'm saying that apple is rated at or damn near the top. Meaning the
quality is top noch and when something does break, apple generally makes it
good with AppleCare. There are lots or reports of people getting whole new
computers from apple....like people who had problems with the liquid cooled
g5 towers...

And there are plenty of Consumer Reports "Recommended Buys" for PC
etc, and cheaper.
As for their products, do you want to throw in the Android format
versus the iPhone and the numerous issues with its phones (Consumer
Reports can fill you in on that).

Ah, consumer reports. Really an unbiased and trustworthy source aren't they?
And I think there are PLENTY if YouTube videos showing the exact same
problems with droids (ie death grip)

So what? A lot of the software is pre-installed anyway, and that's not
a factor in buying an Apple product? I've known Apple users that had
to reinstall applications after a major Apple upgrade. If we limit
this to just installing Finale,
I mentioned earlier many on the list appear to install upgrades or
fixes anyways. *Shrug*

So when you decide to upgrade your pcs motherboard, you have to reinstall
everything....including windows. Meaning you need to contact Microsoft to
get them to move the license to a new machine. And finale. And everything
else. So.....hardly a great upgrade path

You missed my point: Apple is going to a more restrictive model for
what software it will offer to sell on its Apps store: that means even
less software will be available in the future.

This is pure FUD. There is nothing to suggest that apple is going to ban
non-apple store software. They simply provide the option to uses and
developers.

Clown pie is good huh?

I live in the fantasy world where I can buy a computer that's cheaper,
runs more software and doesn't box me in.

Ah, the Crux of the matter. The 1990s reasoning that more software is
better. But weren't we limiting it to finale? No?

And you are boxed in with windows. Are you going 64 bit or 32? Ultimate or
the lesser versions?