On 7/8/2011 1:22 PM, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
> Marcello Noia wrote:
>

>> Making the conversion I get an Adobe error telling that the owner of the
>> font
>> (Macromedia) doesn't allow to embed the font in PDF's (unbelievable!).
>

> Not so unbelievable. Embedding the font in a ~.pdf file means that the
> recipient of the ~.pdf can get the file without paying for it, since
> Persons with the right software and the correct skill set can strip the
> font out of the ~.pdf.

But if one prints to a PDF driver, the resulting PDF doesn't contain any
fonts, does it?  It's just the graphical output such as would be sent to
any printer, and thus viewable on any machine, with no font problems and
without the ability of a person on the receiving end to extract the font.

There's a difference, isn't there, between printing to a PDF file and
creating a PDF file using proper PDF creation software such as Adobe
Acrobat?

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com