On 7/14/2011 6:22 PM, delius...@aol.com wrote:
> I'm using 2011 for Windows, and I HAVE turned that off, and it STILL
> insists on grouping in fours.  Is there another "switch" somewhere that I'm
> missing that I need to also turn off to stop this?  The one that really  kills
> me is it's still beaming over rests, which I see as a "modern" thing, but
> has no place in my transcriptions/arrangements of Vivaldi.  Is there  another
> place where THIS issue is handled separately from the document  options?

Is this perhaps an older template that you brought forward into Fin2011?

I just started WinFin2011 and turned off the options to beam 8ths in
groups of 4 in the Document Options / Beams and then entered a measure
full of 8ths and they're beamed in pairs, as they should be with this
option turned off.  I just turned it back on, entered another measure
full of 8ths, and they beamed in groups of four as they should with this
option turned on.

So I have no explanation as to why your switching that option off isn't
working other than that I remember reading horror stories of people who
have worked with templates from earlier versions of Finale which didn't
behave properly in Fin2011.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com