In the Help menu, choose Character Sets and look for something appropriate.

In the Engraver Extras font set, I see that the slash key gives you a symbol. 
Create your own articulation with that as the character and Engraver Extras as 
the font. You might want to adjust the point size to get it not too thick or 
thin, and set the positioning so that you don't have to drag it around. I would 
also check "Articulations" in Music Spacing document options as an item to 
avoid collisions with, so that this doesn't cause problems with the notes or 
barline in front of it. You will still have to nudge it if there is an 
accidental, however.

I have the Mac version, so I see in the Engraver Font set opt-I, sh-U gives you 
a slightly flatter version of the same character. I don't know what that would 
be in Windows.

I don't use these myself. I have Bill Duncan's Articulations font that gives me 
exactly the shape I like, with a curve. You might find one in the Broadway 
Copyist's font already made, but it's going to look thicker and hand-drawn.

Christopher



On Wed Jul 20, at WednesdayJul 20 8:35 AM, Neal Gittleman wrote:

> After what, 20 years? of using Finale it's embarrassing to ask this, but...
> 
> I'm doing a piece that has some notes with slides into them -- the symbol 
> would look like the "guitar slide" in the Smart Shapes palette, minus the 
> arrowhead.  I can't figure out how to get that, especially as something that 
> would work like an articulation and just attach to the note at the same 
> position relative to the note in all cases.
> 
> What am I missing?
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Neal Gittleman
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to