That is true, I never really had any problems converting between Mac/PC. More
problems going from Mac to PC because Mac's don't require the .mus extension.

Though, there could be an issue with something else hijacking the .mus
extension on the Mac. If that happens, you can highlight the .mus file, do a
File->Get Info, and under "Open with" chose Finale and Change all to use that.

--
Eric Dannewitz
Musician/Polymath/Evil Genius