On Wed, October 26, 2011 9:55 am, bill sinclair wrote:
> I have consulted with several professional arrangers and copyists about this.
>
> You don't have tied notes between pitches that aren't HEARD the same,
> for example G to B natural. A tie mark in that setting is a SLUR.
>
> You can, however, have a tied note between G sharp and A flat, provided
> there is a key signature change. In such a case, the tie mark would have to go
> UNDER the key signature,
> connecting the two notes.
>
> I bring this up because when you CHANGE a pitch of a tied note currently,
> Finale does NOT change the other notes it is tied to. So if you want to keep
> the note as tied, you
> have to adjust all the others on the staff.
>
> Otherwise the tie mark is "hanging in space."
>
> The programmers should be more concerned about getting it right, than
> what is convenient.


Actually, I prefer this behavior (if I'm understanding you correctly). It
makes lots of tie presentation easier (across arpeggios, for example, or l.v.,
or enharmonic ties).

Making it a switchable option would be fine, but I want my stuff left alone by
Finale. It screws around with enough stuff when you're not watching carefully.

By the way, anybody know if Finale 2012 fixed the large-font-collection bug?

Dennis


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to