I believe this is the David Fenton who often posted to this list. I know
he was often difficult to deal with, but I still think he should be
remembered with appreciation for his various contributions as a musician
and a musicologist.

--
Dr. Wade Kotter
Social Sciences & Music Librarian

Voice: 801-626-7458
Fax: 801-626-7045

wkot...@weber.edu
http://library.weber.edu/cm/wkotter

<e9b586c82acb5b4bb072acbc5c552ff29f4adaa...@urexchangescc.richmond.edu>,
"Fairtile, Linda" <lfair...@richmond.edu> wrote:
> It's my sad duty to report the death of David Fenton, an occasional
poster to
> MLA-L.  He passed away last week, after a chronic illness suddenly
> intensified.
>
> David earned a B.Mus. in piano performance from the Oberlin
Conservatory and
> an M.A. in musicology from New York University.  He is the author of
Grove
> articles on the piano quartet and piano quintet, and had been working
on a
> Ph.D. dissertation titled "The Piano Quartet and Quintet in Vienna,
> 1780-1810."  He was a member of the NYU Collegium viol consort known
as The
> Teares of the Muses, and had prepared the edition of Samuel
Capricornus's