Hi all,

I believe I've confirmed that this is a bug in Finale, not a problem
with Windows or my font.

First, I'm seeing the same behavior with Windows-supplied fonts like
Arial Narrow and Franklin Gothic Heavy. They both show up as substyles
under their main font name, but when I select them for a text block in
Finale, Finale displays the regular text style.

Second, I built a quick C# test application which uses the standard
Windows font dialog. The fonts do still show up there as substyles, but
when I select them the change gets correctly passed back to a label on
the form. This indicates to me that Finale is mishandling what the
Character Settings dialog hands back to it.

Aaron.