I believe you can purchase the apps and they'll just sit there in your
account until you download them until your iPad when you buy it.  And
they should install in iTunes on your computer to transfer to the device
when you buy it.

What I don't know (and probably you'll have to contact Apple to get the
correct answer) is whether you can even buy apps for a device which
isn't registered yet.  I certainly hope so.

But even if you can't, the $15.00 price after the introductory special
certainly won't break anybody's bank account!

David H. Bailey