On Dec 21, 2011, at 4:04 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> The
> previous person was a Finale amateur and there were lyrics with globs of
> confused placement (and deleted lyrics that would reappear)

I've found that lyrics are particularly vulnerable to old junk mysteriously
reappearing, and given how they work it's easy to see why.

If I'm editing someone else's file with lyrics, I will almost always clear all
lyrics and start from scratch.  It's generally faster than trying to change
what's there.

I even sometimes do that with my own files.  Most of my work is making edited
copies of music that is already written, but occasionally I compose or arrange
in Finale. When I do, I use Type in Score (which I never use in my other work),
enter things out of order, make changes along the way, etc.  Later when I'm
ready for a final version, I will typically clear out all the lyrics and
re-enter them in an orderly fashion.

mdl