Thanks, James.

I don't think the people at MM are thoughtless, so my first assumption is that
there are reasons for decisions to implement things in the ways that they do
them.  This is an example of why there are two places to control printing
parameters.  Still, it seems that this is not the usual circumstance, so
perhaps it would be more efficient for most users if the default didn't require
entering the information in two places.  It's a small thing for me, but it
might be good to have it automated that way by default and changeable in
situations like yours.

Thanks again,

Chuck

On Jan 22, 2012, at 1:19 PM, James Cooper wrote:

> Finale page size and the printer set up should not match, but I can't think
> of why that should be." -- I routinely do this for booklet printing.  I set
> the page layout to 8.5 x 11 portrait, and the printer to 11x17 landscape
> and print 2-up.  I got the procedure from Finale user manual  (
> http://www.finalemusic.com/UserManuals/Finale2011Win/Finale_Left.htm?booklet%20printing#CSHID=1|StartTopic=Content%2FFinale%2FSearch.htm|SkinName=main
> )
>
> --- James

> James Cooper
> Composer, classical guitarist, songwriter
> www.ModeZ.com
>
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Chuck Israels <cisra...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> This is an annoyance up with which we have put as long as I can remember,
>> and I don't think there's a way around it.  Raymond answered a different
>> question.  It's the printing that requires the change, not the creation of
>> the different sizes within Finale, and I have long wondered why MM doesn't
>> automate this interruption of the printing process.  Perhaps there are some
>> conditions in which the Finale page size and the printer set up should not
>> match, but I can't think of why that should be.
>>
>> Personal note:  I know you are going to be losing Susanna and Barry and
>> will be likely to miss them, but I also know that the move will be good for
>> them (and that they will miss their friends in Memphis).
>>
>> Chuck
>>

>> On Jan 21, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Robert Patterson wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anyway to have parts and score have different pages sizes
>> without
>>> having to go in and change the Mac printer page size to match each time
>> you
>>> print one or the other? This is a long-standing issue for me, and I
>> haven't
>>> figured out if it is possible.
>>
>> Chuck Israels
>> 1310 NW Naito Parkway #807