Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas for putting a wide fermata in Finale?

Example of use: All instruments have a fermata on a quarter note, except
for one instrument which has 4 sixteenths on that beat. Each sixteenth
is meant to be elongated, and in this particular case will be dictated
by the conductor, but a fermata over each sixteenth is too fussy and
also makes each note seem longer than it should be. What I want is a
single stretched fermata that can go in this instrument over all 4
sixteenths.

I've played around with some shape expressions, but nothing
satisfactory. The closest I've gotten so far is a Maestro fermata I
converted to outlines in Illustrator, stretched, saved as a TIF, and
placed as a graphic. But since graphic placement is by EVPU, not EDU,
these require adjustment each time layout changes a little.

Anybody have something pre-made? Is there a third-party font that
includes a set of these?

Thanks,
Aaron.