On 2/12/2012 6:01 PM, John Howell wrote:
> For what it's worth, I MUCH prefer the Peters (except for the flutes,
> in which colla parte makes no sense because they do NOT move with the
> voice), because using the conventional fermata and being careful with
> its placement seems much clearer than the expanded one.

I agree that the Peters notation for the instruments with rests seems
clearer than the Barenreiter notation. I think the colla parte in the
flutes may just be a misprint; I have the parts up in my attic but can't
get to them right now.

>   It'd still be interesting to see Mozart's handwriting. John

As it happens, I'll be somewhere tomorrow with a facsimile of the ms.
I'll post a picture.

Aaron.