Greetings Kim,

I have recently been working with score manager as well, and have successfully
added parts in this manner to a score that is already formatted. It helps to
work with a copy of the file until you determine how well it is going to work.

(I am working on an 24" iMac with the most recent version of Lion and Fin2012a)
Let us know what works for you!
Michael Mathew

mmathew_musicp...@yahoo.com
http://www.musicengravers.com/cgi-bin/engravers.pl