Maybe this type of topic has been up here earlier. If so it has passed by my
attention.

My 2006 Mac Pro has a 2 * 2.66GHzDual-Core Intel Xeon processor and I have 5GB
of RAM.

When applications run, I am pretty satisfied by the performance, but starting
up and changing between applications could be much faster.

Recently I have experimented with memory sticks to improve Finale performance.
Back-up, asv, and temp. files have been allocated to 3 different memory sticks
of 16, 16, and 32GB respectively. Maybe placebo, but I sense a positive effect
on speed.

An American Finale friend (not a member here) works on a MacBook Air and he is
very happy about its speed.

I have considred a new MacPro, but I didn’t find the specs so much better that
I found it right to scrap my current machine. Rather I am considering the
installation of an SSD in the Intel ESB2 AHCI SATA bus.

But is that at all possible?

Any list members with experiences about such upgrade?

Klaus