My son took back a keyboard controller that I had borrowed for quite a
while.  I thought I might have to buy a new one, since the keyboard I
was left with was a small Casio I had bought at a pawn shop 20 years
ago for $30 which has midi but, of course, no USB.  Before springing
for a new keyboard I decided to risk $4.30 (shipping included) on a
midi to USB connector.  It seems to work just fine, but not without
some unneeded difficulty during the installation.

Here is MY tech tip for the day - just ignore it if it is too
technical: When you are installing a midi keyboard onto your computer,
everything will work much better if you do not - I repeat, do not,
accidentally, and without noticing, disconnect your computer keyboard
at the same time.

Let me know if this is a help to anybody.

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com