I've just submitted a feature request regarding two issues. I'd be interested 
if anyone else is also having problems with these. They're both playback 
related:
Score Manager

1.The disappearance of the "Mute All/Mute None/Solo None" buttons from the 
score manager (formerly in the instrument list) is a definite step back in 
terms of efficiency. It takes a lot more time to un-mute or un-solo particular 
instruments. Is there any way to re-introduce these?  I notice that the 'M' and 
'S' at the top of the window seem to be clickable, but have no effect. Could 
these become the Global Solo/Mute Buttons? 

Sliders in VST Window and Mixer
2.  In the VST Banks and Effects window, it would be extremely helpful if the 
value display to the right of each of the volume sliders actively reflected the 
adjustment as it was being made, rather than when one releases the slider. 
Currently there is no way to know how much of an adjustment has been made, and 
this is particularly true since the sliders seem to be non-linear (the same 
adjustement towards the right end has more of an effect than at the left). 
Alternatively, or ideally in addition, the option to type a value in might help.
To give an example, in the VST Banks and Effects Window, I just moved the 
Master Volume from its default of 100 down and then tried to get it back to 100 
(or to almost any specific value). No matter how much I tried I have been 
unable to return it to its original value. This seems a fairly fundamental 
problem in the usability of the sliders. This seems to be the same situation 
with all sliders, including those in studio view and the faders in the general 
mixer (the one that CTRL+SHIFT+M brings up). I find there's a lot of trial and 
error that needs to go on to get the right adjustment. Most adjustments are 
taking several moves of the slider/pan pot, since there's no way of moving it 
immediately to the correct value in a single move of the controller. Every 
tweak takes twice to three times as long as a result. 
I was hoping they might have been fixed in 2012b, but unfortunately not.
Colin Broom

Windows 8Finale 2012b--




                                          
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to