Originally [Finale] Linked parts to new/extracted parts? thread:

On Aug. 25 SN jef chippewa replied to Chuck Israels question:
>> Another situation with which I have trouble is when there's a DS, a
>> "to Coda", or a "DS al Coda" attached to measures included in MM
>> rests in some parts.
>
> your expression definition is set to "Break MM Rests".  uncheck it.

I'm not sure if unchecking "Break MM Rests" on the D.S. al Coda type  
expressions will work by itself in all cases. In Fin 2010, the  
expression is hidden on the part in MM rests even though it is still  
attached to the last measure of the MM group.

Finale combines all the rests in the MM into a single measure  
graphically on the page. Anything attached to measures after the first  
one in the MM rest will not display. (FYI I have to use extracted  
instead of linked parts so this might be different in linked parts  
using Fin 2012)

I get around this by attaching the expression (set to appear in the  
part only) flush right to the right barline of the 1st measure of the  
MM group. It will be at the end of the MM rest in the part. The  
expression that does appear in the score in the correct place can stay  
defined and placed as is. Attach the hidden expression only to the  
parts that will have the MM Rest or you could get two D.S. al Codas.
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to