Yes, it's possible, but I can tell you I sure wouldn't want to do it!

You can set staves to have an independent notehead font, you can import another 
set of articulations (and re-assign all the metatools for them), you can set 
different regions for bar numbers, you can set different staff lists for 
different rehearsal letters, you might have to hide time and key sigs and then 
add them in as expressions, oy, the list goes on!

What might be a better idea is for you to do the score in the Handwritten 
Style, then copy everything to a new Engraved Style document to create the 
parts. Many things will change automatically (key and time sigs, noteheads, 
measure numbers, etc.) and you can convert any expressions to the engraved 
style fonts using the Font Utilities. YOu might have some surgery to do on 
Smart Shapes as well. 

Only the conductor will see the score as all handwritten, while the orchestra 
musicians would get the parts from the new file.

Christopher


On Mon Sep 17, at MondaySep 17 9:22 PM, Neal Gittleman wrote:

> Greetings…
> 
> I think I know the answer to this question, but…
> 
> FinMac 2012b.r1 running Mountain Lion 10.8.1
> 
> I'm working on a project putting an orchestral accompaniment around a 
> pre-existing big band arrangement.  One of the big band members created their 
> parts and sent me the file, and I'm added the orchestra parts around it.  His 
> stuff is in the Handwritten Style and I usually do the orchestral parts in 
> Engraved Style.  
> 
> So…
> 
> Is it possible to mix those styles -- putting the band's stuff in the 
> Handwritten Style they're used to and the orchestra's in the Engraved Style 
> they're used to?  I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is "no", but I figure 
> just because I can't find a way to do it doesn't necessarily mean it can't be 
> done…
> 
> Any sage advice would be appreciated!
> 
> Neal Gittleman
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to