It's only a big deal in that I will have to uncouple the positioning for
every expression in the category, and there are quite a number of them. I
thought the whole point of categories was not to have to this.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Darcy James Argue <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Is there a reason why it would be a big deal to uncouple the positioning?
> Even when you uncheck the box, the expression's positioning defaults to the
> category defaults until you change anything, right?
>
> A bigger problem is that I find that the "break multimeasure rests
> checkbox item does not, in fact, reliably break multimeasure rests. I still
> find I have to use barline attributes for that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - DJA
> -----
> WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
>
>
>
> On 27 Sep 2012, at 7:00 PM, Robert Patterson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > I have an expression category that does not use a staff list, but I would
> > like it to break multimeas rests on any staff where it is assigned. I
> can't
> > seem to find a way to do this unless I uncouple the expression's
> > positioning from its category. Does anyone have help? A plugin maybe? It
> > seems like an arbitrary restriction of the UI.
> > _______________________________________________
> > Finale mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to