You can create all the parts you want in scroll view, then hide the ones you
don't want in the score.  The hidden parts all still appear in scroll view but
will not appear in the page view score or the printed score. They  CAN be used
to create linked parts.  I use this all the time for things like a baritone
t.c. part in concert band pieces - I want to have the linked part, but I don't
want it cluttering up the score.  I also use it to create things like separate
clarinet 1 and clarinet 2 parts if I want them together in the score, but
separate as parts.

To hide a part in scroll view, just double click on the staff with the staff
tool chosen to bring up the staff attributes dialog box.  From here can choose
"force hide staff" in the left hand column.  Also choose "in score only" from
the pop up menu beside it.  By using the pop up menu at the top of this dialog
box, you can choose all the staves you want to hide in one operation.

You can enter all your music in your A, B, C parts, then just copy and paste in
scroll view to get each part into the various parts you want to have playing
that music.  The A B C parts can be in concert pitch and they will transpose
automatically as you paste them into each transposing hidden staff that you
have set up.  For best results use the score manager to add the extra parts -
that way all the transpositions will be set up for you automatically.

This can give you a lot of extra lines in the scroll view score, but only the
parts you have not hidden (your A, B, C.... parts) will appear in the page view
score.  So even if your score has only six parts, you can have any number of
linked parts based on those.

Also, spacing of staves is completely independent in the two views, so you can
just space the scroll view staves nice and evenly, and it won't affect any
formatting you do in page view.

I think this is a fantastic capability in Finale, one of the most useful things
they have added.

Brian Appleby
ApRo Music