Hi William,

This is what I suspected, and is exactly the kind of situation where using 6/4 
as a duple meter (instead of 3/2) makes perfect sense.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org

On Dec 19, 2012, at 12:47 PM, William Sinclair <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hmm - I seem to have started a "row."
> 
> Well, I wanted to keep the same tempo per quarter note,
> normally 4/4 measures,
> but this particular phrase had an extra two beats in it.
> I thought it would be easier to make a measure 6 beats, instead of
> splitting it up into a 4/4 and a 2/4 measure.
> 
> In other words, it's not consistently 6/4 throughout, just an "odd ball" 
> measure the
> composer threw in for everyone's amazement, and I wanted
> to make it as easy to read as possible.
> 
> Your feedback is very interesting - -  
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to