Thanks Robert.  That Collapse style is what I was trying to recall since I've
never used it before.  Alas, none of the combinations I tried in the score
really worked to my satisfaction.  Hide and collapse in score only was close,
but when I have situations where a cue is in a measure that's the first measure
or two of a system, it creates a very unwanted effect.  Relaying out the score
is not an option I want to explore.

So I'm left with maintaining two scores.  You'd think MM would have been on
this by now.  What, we've had linked parts for 5+ years now?

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios

On Jan 2, 2013, at 3:20 PM, Robert Patterson wrote:

> It is possible to make it work, but essentially all the restrictions in
> Fin07-11 apply to Fin12 as well. To force the staves with cues not to show
> in the score use the "Force Hide (Collapse)" staff style.
>
> Of course, as in Fin07-11, you still have the problem that special tools
> mods are not unlinkable, which affects most irritatingly ties and grace
> note positioning. Also, clef changes in the cues require some ingenuity.
> But if you can live with the special tools restriction, the clefs can be
> surmounted.
>
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM, J D Thomas <j...@thomastudios.com> wrote:
>
>> OK.  This is the first score I've done now in Finale Mac 2012 where I have
>> had to use cues, and I've added cue notes to the score and laid out all the
>> parts.  Back in the old days of 2007 and probably 2011, I have always had
>> to maintain two separate copies of the score, one for the final score and
>> one for the parts since the cue notes in layers 3 and 4 annihilate my score
>> layout.
>>
>> Is this still the preferred methodology for Finale 2012, or is there some
>> settings and / or plugins that create a viable workaround?

>> J D Thomas
>> ThomaStudios
>> West Linn  OR
>> www.thomastudios.com