In Fin12 (and perhaps Fin11), MM capriciously changed the behavior of group
barlines so that they can no longer override the measure barline if the
group contains only one staff on a given system.

It is possible to achieve the desired effect by adding an empty hidden
staff to the group in the part and then carefully overlaying the two on top
of each other in every system where the barlines need to be overridden.
Whether this is easier than extracting to a separate file is probably a
case-by-case judgement call.

I would suggest that you submit to Customer Support a file from pre-Fin11
that behaves the way you would like and challenge them to achieve the same
result in Fin12. If enough people do this, they might correct the
inexplicable regression in functionality. (When I did it, I suggested
adding barline type to staff styles, which would be way easier and more
powerful than using group barline overrides.)

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Jari Williamsson <
[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2013-01-31 20:45, Harold Owen wrote:
>
> > Dashed measures are useful for pieces that are free and ametrical. I
> > set them up in the score with grouping. However, they do not appear
> > dashed in parts. How can I get the parts to respond to the dashed
> > measures?
>
> Good question. It seems like barlines on single staves only are affected
> by the measure attribute barline setting. So you might need to extract
> the parts and modify the part barlines afterwards. Perhaps there are
> other workarounds.
>
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
>
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to