Thanks, Michael and Jef, for your posts.

I was able to create a vertical line using the grid and rulers as you suggest, 
Jef, so that solves my problem. However, the process is more complicated than 
it use to be requiring me to turn the grid and rulers on, click and drag to 
create and align the guide I want, turn off rulers and grid since I don't want 
the grid there when I'm entering notes. 

Previously I simply turned the margins on and a  vertical central and 
horizontal guide appeared. That still happens but they are the lines that 
disappear when I choose the Page Layout Tool to grab staves and re-shape them. 

I think the old behaviour was better.

I will ask MM if they can reinstate it. 

Stephen

________________________________________________________________________________

ars est longa,
vita brevis

Stephen Cronin's home page: http://www.stephen.cronin.name
{real+imagined} http://www.real-imagined.com.au



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to