That's always been the only method that I've ever known to accomplish
what you wanted within Finale.

I think that it might be that if you do it a lot it becomes automatic --
I did realize that even though I don't do it a lot, explaining it took
more time than actually doing it.

David

On 3/18/2013 11:43 AM, Eric Fiedler wrote:
> Thanks, Timothy and David, that did the trick - although it's certainly not
> as intuitive as I remembered it, knowing what to change and when to change it
> Cheers!
> Eric
> Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
> www.habsburgerverlag.de
> webmas...@habsburgerverlag.de
>
> On 18.03.2013, at 14:35, David H. Bailey wrote:
>
>> Timothy Price hinted at the solution -- you have to be sure to have
>> "Show Active Layer Only" selected.
>>
>> That means that you have to switch back and forth between layer 1
>> (presumably where the Oboe 2 part was originally entered on its own
>> staff) and layer 2 (where you want to past the Oboe 2 part onto the same
>> staff with Oboe 1).
>>
>> When you do select "Show Active Layer Only" and have selected Layer 2
>> into which to paste the Oboe 2 part, the Oboe 1 part will seem to
>> disappear.  Once you've pasted the Oboe 2 part into layer 2 on the same
>> staff as Oboe 1, then you need to turn off "Show Active Layer Only" so
>> that you can see both layers at the same time.
>>
>> At that point you should see both the Oboe 1 and Oboe 2 parts on the
>> same staff with stems up/stems down just as you want.

David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com