This post on another forum suggests that you should never use the pan or 
fader controls on the ARIA player.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php/102602-Finale-Garritan-Aria-faders-reset-on-play

I created a new default score from scratch (using the wizard, and then 
assigning all the JABB instruments myself.)  I don't really see any 
relationship between the ARIA mixer settings and the Finale mixer 
settings.  But if I never touch the ARIA mixer, it seems to work 
consistently, except that the Finale pan doesn't seem to have a very 
strong effect.  I can never get the pan to put a voice ENTIRELY to one 
side or another.

So from what I can surmise, you use the Aria player to assign 
instruments and to set up the reverb sends, but nothing else (unless you 
are tweaking the sound of a particular sample (EQ, etc.).

Is that how others do it?



On 5/3/2013 6:31 PM, Craig Parmerlee wrote:
> I posted this on another thread, but maybe it deserves its own thread.
>
> I am looking for practical advice on how Aria (i.e. the Garritan sounds)
> relates to the normal Finale mixer window.
>
> It appears to me that if I use the faders on either one, they have an
> effect, but they are not linked.  So it is probably a mistake to use
> both.  Same situation for the pan controls.  So I am moving forward on
> the assumption that I should not use the Finale mixer window at all.  I
> have set the Finale faders all to the same level, set all the pans to
> dead center, and then closed that Finale window, never to be used
> again.  Is that the right approach?
>
> But that still leaves a problem regarding the Aria faders.   I expected
> the fader levels to be static, like an un-motorized control surface.  I
> want the volume to adjust up and down during playback based only on the
> dynamic expressions I have entered in the score. I expect to set the
> Aria faders once for my starting ensemble balance, and then rely
> entirely on the score's dynamic expressions during playback.
>
> But what I am seeing is peculiar behavior where several of my
> instruments are sending the Aria faders up and down, seemingly at random
> places that correspond to nothing in particular in my score. It is
> acting as if I am using Aria as a plug-in to Sonar or some other DAW.
>
> I don't want those faders to move once I have set them.  Any idea what
> might be going on here?  Basically it is unusable as it currently exists
> because my Aria faders keep jumping around on me.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>
>
>


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to