Remember when Finale came with real, printed manuals?  Don't you wish it
still did?

I just wanted to point out that people who are upgrading to Finale 2014
or purchasing Finale for the first time might want to purchase Mark
Johnson's Finale 2014: A Trailblazer Guide to assist with the upgrade.
Mark has been publishing these books for the past few upgrades and I
have found them immensely helpful in navigating around the pitfalls of
each new upgrade.

Notable potential pitfalls are the ScoreManager (still -- many people
haven't gotten used to how this works compared to the older Instrument
List dialog) and the newly redesigned percussion dialog.

These books are great for new users as well as long-time users who may
have gotten entrenched in older workflows which have changed with these
newer versions.  It's especially helpful for people who haven't upgraded
for a long time.

You can order it from MakeMusic when you order your upgrade (or
separately) or you can order it from amazon.

[Disclaimer: Mark is a friend and he's using a quote from me on the
cover, but other than that I have no business association with the sale
of this book and don't make any money from the sale of the book, so this
really is a friendly suggestion and not a ploy for me to earn money.]

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com