Hi All, back in the late 1980’s I was doing some transcribing and engraving
work for Chick Corea and a bunch of those books he put out with Hal Leonard
were the fruits of our labor. The books are out of print now but I still have
the Finale files and I can’t open them.

I have other older Finale files and by simply adding “.mus” to the end of the
file they successfully open in Finale 2014. This worked for files created from
1991 onwards.

But these Chick tunes from the “Light Years” album are ones that I can’t
revive. They were created in 1988.

I tried booting up an old Mac and the earliest version of Finale that I could
install on it was Finale 2004. I still couldn’t open these files with this Mac.

Anyone out there know of a service that could help out or do any of you have
any ideas? Do you have an old Mac sitting around with a really early version of
Finale that could give a whirl at reviving these old files?

thanks in advance for any ideas or help…best, Peter

Peter Sprague
311 East Glaucus St.
Encinitas, CA 92024
760-436-3906