On Mar 23, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Eric Dannewitz <ericd...@jazz-sax.com> wrote:

> Best thing one should do upgrading from 10.6 is to do a complete new install
> on a new drive, and then use the migration assistant to transfer over your
> applications and stuff.

I wholeheartedly agree with Eric on this one, provided one's situation allows
it.  I have 12 core MacPro that I just got before the 'new' MacPros came out,
and with 4 drive bays, I was able to do a clean install of Mav, migrate my user
account etc., and it still gives me the option of going back to ML, which I do
most of the time right now.  To be honest, I am not at all impressed with 10.9;
Apple's sloppiest OS transition to date IMO.  Mail still doesn't work right and
the main reason I wanted to try it out was multiple monitor support, which is
OK, but some applications, like Apple Mail, refuses to remember window
positions regarding a 2nd monitor.

Those who use iMacs and laptops won't find this method quite as easy unless
going with external drives.  That's one of the reasons prefer the old MacPros.

As far as Finale is concerned, it seems OK, but then I still do 99% of my work
in ML, so take that with a caveat as it was intended.

For those of us with Apple Cinema displays, there is a bug in update 2014a that
occurs on startup that has no current workaround.  MM recommended I go back to
2014, which I did.

Just venting…

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios