In recent versions of Finale, I will sometimes create a new (or select an
existing) passage of music that has the expression, articulations, and or
custom smart shapes I want and copy that measure into the new document.
Then clear the measure in the new doc. (As long as you don't use Undo, the
transferred exp/artic/custom line defs remain.) I often find this quicker
than using a library.

But you can also create libraries of sets of things by importing a library
from an existing doc into a  "New Doc without Libraries". You then remove
all the items you don't want and export the libary again. That becomes a
lightweight library that you can import into any doc where you want the set
of items.