i am having huge problems after my well thought out upgrade went off on its own
way.  i planned to install yosemite on a (newly formatted) partition of an
external drive and keep 10.6.8 (for F2012 and other things) on the internal HD,
but somehow the installation process took place on the mac HD.  i lost eudora,
access to F2012 and many, many other things that i knew i eventually would have
to do but hoped to do so on my timeframe.  now i am stuck with a deadline and
unable to get many things to work.

FINALE 2014
- sometimes the programme opens and i can see the file listed in the menu but
not the file until i open (via the keyboard) doc options or some other things
(haven't found the pattern)
- it seems i can open multiple dialogue windows (deleted items notice, finale
register window, doc options all together) that was never possible before and
seem to cause conflicts with each other (then i can't cancel or ok any of them
and have to force quit)
- sometimes double-clicking on a small test file opens a previous file (in the
same folder) i am trying to work on but having problems with
- sometimes opening finale doesn't work (!?) and only the NAME of the "Finale
2014" menu appears (activity monitor does not show it as hanging)

SYSTEM?
- can someone give me a link or info about how the new "spaces" works?  i am
working with 2 monitors and this seems to cause weird behaviour i don't quite
understand.  there is no indication anywhere what "space" i am in, so the app
menus might show but not the associated documents that are open.  i unchecked
all options in the (apple-barf!-name) mission control

this is all incredibly frustrating.  i am sure some of it could be my
unfamiliarity with the changes in recent systems upgrades but there is some
really weird shit happening in there too.

help!!!!
jef