Welllll.....it just so happens my chamber serenade “Olmsted’s Vision” is scored
for:

  2 Horns
  Violin
  Viola
  Piano

No videos as the piece was just completed, will have a rehearsal or two and
then will be premiered in Yosemite National Park on Sunday, August 9 during the
commemorations marking the 150th anniversary (to the day) upon which Frederick
Law Olmsted’s ‘Yosemite and the Mariposa Grove: A Preliminary Report’ was
accepted by the Yosemite Commission.   It’s a landmark document which was to
become our groundwork for how and why we should protect America’s great wild
lands.   http://www.yosemite.ca.us/library/olmsted/report.html

My piece was written to serve as a sedate, calming underscoring to readings of
the report (as will be the case on August 9) or as a standalone 16-minute piece
in 6 brief movements.  It utilizes (largely) motifs from my two Yosemite
Anniversary orchestral pieces.

Here’s a link to my demo version (GPO) of the piece:
https://soundcloud.com/maestrolm/serenade-olmsteds-vision-audio-demo-wav

And that’s quite enough of that.

Les Marsden
(209) 966-6988 (H)
(559) 708-6027 (Limited-reception cell)
7145 Snyder Creek Road
Mariposa, CA 95338-9641

President, Mariposa County Arts Council, Incorporated
Board Director, Economic Development Corporation of Mariposa County
Founding Music Director and Conductor, The Mariposa Symphony Orchestra ♫ ♪ ♫

Marsden Marx Pages (former career ended by disability):
http://tinyurl.com/ygpj7og
Mariposa Symphony Orchestra: http://tinyurl.com/MariposaSO