Very interesting.  I had something similar happen a couple of times.  I
always "print" my Finale material to PDF using PDFCreator.  I never
print directly from Finale.  There were a couple of times where one part
out of 20 was super small in the PDF.  If I would run it a second time,
it always came out correctly, so I never picked up the pattern.  I had
always assumed it was a quirk in PDFCreator, but now it seems that it
was actually a Finale bug.

On a separate note, I have started compiling a list of the most annoying
bugs in Finale in the hopes that maybe these will be addressed in
2014.5.  At first, I was intending to offer a top-10 list for
consideration, but since I have been writing these down, there are way
more than 10 really annoying bugs.  Yesterday I was working with lyrics
which is almost completely dysfunctional in F2014.  For example, if you
enter "I" a a word in a lyrical line, the cursor jumps backwards two
syllables and messes everything up.  And there are several other really
bad bugs in lyrics.

Has anyone else compiled such a list?  Maybe I will share mine once I
have it organized.