David, there are a lot of resources out in the web, although sometimes it is
complicated to find ‘all’ that one needs, especially when it comes to set a
series of procedures. I found a useful resource, once when having the same kind
of problem as yours but with another software, at lynda.com. I have nothing to
do with them and I’m not saying you’ll find all what you need, but for a few
dollars you can buy a limited time subscription and follow a series of video
lessons covering the topics of your interest. I know fore shore that they have
a series of lessons about Finale. Maybe someone from this list will come out
with a better suggestion, meanwhile you can give it a try: I recall the chance
of a tryout before purchasing. It may be worth a try.

Giovanni