I don't have a non-manual booklet printing solution for Mac, but on Windows I 
highly recommend FIneprint, which I've been using for more than a decade.  I 
never have to worry about blank pages, page order, or scaling.

I'm still using the venerable HP Laserjet 5000; though it's been pretty 
reliable for the past 15 years, I'm thinking about replacing it with the newer 
HP Laserjet M712DN, mainly for the duplexer (I did have a duplexer on the 5000 
for a while, but it was not reliable, esp. on ledger-sized paper).  Does anyone 
have any experience with the M712, particularly duplexing ledger size?  It 
would be a great timesaver not to have to fuss with manual feeding.

-Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Greg Hamilton
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 11:56 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Finale] 12x18 booklet printing workflow

Hi Darcy,

You can easily print 2-Up to 12x18 paper from Finale. My printers are the HP 
Laserjet 5000 and 5100.

1. Page Setup: create a 12x18 custom paper size and select Horizontal 
orientation.
2. Print Dialog: Create a custom preset with your desired settings including 
2-up in the layout section.
3. Page ranges: here is where you specify the page order. To print an 8 page 
booklet part you would type: 8,1,2,7,6,3,4,5 for your pagination.
4. If you�re doing a manual feed, then you need to turn each sheet over of 
course.
5. To bind the part, I recommend the Swingline saddle stapler. You can find 
them on eBay.

Hope this helps,
Greg

> From: Darcy James Argue <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Finale] 12x18 booklet printing workflow
> Date: August 26, 2015 at 10:05:40 PM PDT
> To: <[email protected]>
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> So after a year and a half of owning a Ricoh AP6330N, I have � somewhat 
> sheepishly � just today discovered it can actually handle 12"x18" paper. (I 
> had until now just assumed that it had the same size limitations as its 
> predecessor, the Ricoh AP2610, which maxed out at 11"x17". In retrospect this 
> was really, really dumb.)
> 
> Obviously that is a bit of a game changer for me! I have previously been 
> printing on individual 9"x12" sheets and taping them using the VPC machine. 
> This is no longer necessary (or remotely desirable) now that I know I can 
> print directly to 12"x18".
> 
> I'm curious what people's workflow is to create booklet parts on a Mac � 
> presumably it's best print to PDF first, then use booklet software to 
> assemble the 12x18 signatures? Are there apps that people would recommend for 
> this purpose? I have Bookbinder's Collator, but it's not the most intelligent 
> piece of software I've ever used.
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> - DJA
> -----
> WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
[email protected]


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to