I decided not to wait to update to El Capitan. I can't confirm if there is 
still a problem with the dialog boxes that cause Finale to crash because I am 
to start the program. I was told that I need an older version of Java. When I 
clicked the link, I got this information:

"Java for OS X 2015-001 installs the legacy Java 6 runtime for OS X 10.11 El 
Capitan, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and 
OS X 10.7 Lion.

"This package is exclusively intended for support of legacy software and 
installs the same deprecated version of Java 6 included in the 2014-001 and 
2013-005 releases."

I can wait for the planned November Finale update, but I'm curious to know if 
that will "fix" the requirement that we have the old version of Java. Java has 
had tons of security issues, so I'm uncomfortable about using an old, 
"vulnerable" version.

Does anyone know if the update will also solve the Java issue?

Thurletta Brown-Gavins

----- Original Message -----
On Thursday, October 1, 2015 Graeme Gerrard wrote:

So, has this been tested on the releease version yet?

> On 29 Sep 2015, at 8:52 am, [email protected] wrote:
> 
> Thanks for this important warning!
> Harold
 
> 
> Quoting Henry Howey <[email protected]>:
> 
>> Henry Howey
>> 
>> Begin forwarded message:
>> 
>>> From: Finale <[email protected]>
>>> Date: September 28, 2015 at 16:48:41 CDT
>>> Subject: Don't Update Your Mac OS Yet
 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> El Capitan and Finale 2014
>>> According to Apple's website, OS X El Capitan, the latest Mac  
>>> operating system, will be released this Wednesday, September 30,  
>>> 2015. In our testing with the latest beta versions of El Capitan,  
>>> we?ve discovered some new incompatibilities with Finale 2014d.  
>>> Specifically, opening certain dialog boxes (involving expressions,  
>>> articulations, and others) can cause Finale to crash.
(SNIP!)
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to