On 11/22/2015 1:07 AM, Craig Parmerlee wrote:
> FWIW, I have been keeping a list of the bizarre behaviors I have seen
> with 2014.5.  I have about 10 new bugs that never happened to me before
> now and several of the most annoying prior problems that have not been
> addressed.
>
> One of the things that drove me crazy was the bugs in the Cautionary
> Accidentals.  Supposedly this was fixed in 2014.5, but it isn't.  The
> plug-in does far more harm than good.  I used this on every score back
> in 2012.  Now I have to do all that manually to make sure it doesn't get
> screwed up.  The fact that this was on the list of fixes tells me there
> isn't a very good understanding of some of the problems.
>
> On balance, I think 2014.5 is at least a small step forward.

[snip]

How is it a small step forward?

So far all I've read about are new bugs, supposedly fixed bugs which
aren't actually fixed, and old bugs which weren't even addressed.

What are the advantages of 2014.5 over 2014 or 2012?
I'm a Windows user, so the compatibility with newer OSx upgrades isn't
important to me (although if it's true, I'm happy for Mac users).

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com