Two weeks ago my MacBook unexpectedly died, so I went out and bought a new one.
 Among other things this meant leaping all the way from Mac OS 10.6 (Snow
Leopard) to 10.11 (El Capitan).

On the old Mac I was running Finale 2010.  I was perfectly happy with that
version and was not planning to upgrade.  If I can install it on the new Mac, I
want to do that, but I don’t want to take the trouble to figure out how to
re-install if the program is not going to run anyway.

I know a lot of my apps from that era are non-functional on the current
machines due to that Carbon/Cocoa transition that was going on then.  I suspect
Finale 2010 may be a similar situation.

thanks
mdl